Pages

Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Shake it like a polaroid picture




Morning,

Can you see me shaking it? I took my cue from Andre 3000 when I wore this dress.

You wont believe what happened to me yesterday, here's the story: I was going to my departments Christmas dinner yesterday. I know, I know Christmas dinner in Feb don't ask. I decided to wear my fringe dress because its a fun dress and it always puts a smile on my face. So I get to work in the morning and I went to the ladies. Disaster struck my zipper slide decided to fail on me. All I saw was the zip still done up at the top but everything else was wide open. 

Imagine it, me in the cubicle trying to pull down the bloody zip, just to get it up again. I was getting so hot and flustered because I had nothing else to wear. My shirt was short so I couldn't just wear it on its own or anything.

I walk in to my department and said loudly 'I have a disaster' everyone staring at me like what I said 'my zip on my dress is broken I don't know what to do'. My colleague Sam said come on over let me have a look. After 5 minutes of tugging the zip, I was thinking if all else fails I will have to run to our production department get them to do a quick job on my dress. (Luckily I work in a fashion company). However the zipper slide just gave way and ended up on one side. 

I felt like crap but then I heard the magic words from Sam 'dont worry I have a sewing kit in my bag'. Who has  a sewing kit in there bag? Sam does. She whipped it out and sewed the dress so that it would hold for the day. Guys believe me I was so close to walking out of work, Sam saved the day. 

I think I should invest in a mini sewing kit for 2012.

xx

10 comments:

  1. Great post, and cool photos, :) I hope you will follow my blog

    leopardinleather.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie. I will check out your blog.

      Delete
  2. That is a lovely onw. It reminds me of my charleston's costume for halloween 2 years ago, but mine was red! work it girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool we have something in common. Hmmm red dress you say I might have to keep a look out.

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty!!! Love your dress and that blouse is adorable!!!

    http://stylewithoutlimits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had this dress for a few years but I just havent worn it.

      I thought lets throw it on for the occasion.

      Delete